CAN JESUS CHRIST BE IN YOU?
I. Christianity is more than a set of beliefs. It has a
very supernatural component of Jesus Christ being in you.
1. Col. 1:27--"Of this church I was made a minister according to the stewardship from God bestowed on me for your benefit, that I might fully carry out the preaching of the word of God, that is the mystery hidden from the past ages and generations, but has now been manifested to His saints, to whom God willed to make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles, which is CHRIST IN YOU, the hope of glory."
2. Rom. 8:10--"And if CHRIST IS IN YOU, though the body is dead because of sin, yet the spirit is alive because of righteousness."
3. Gal. 2:20--"I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but CHRIST LIVES IN ME; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me, and delivered Himself up for me."
4. 2 Cor. 13:5--"Test yourselves to see if you are in the faith; examine yourselves! Or do you not recognize this about yourselves, that JESUS CHRIST IS IN YOU--unless indeed you fail the test?
5. 2 Cor. 6:16--"For we are the temple of the living God; just as God said, "I will dwell IN THEM and walk among them....""
6. Rev. 3:20--"Behold, I stand at the door and knock; if any one hears My voice and opens the door, I WILL COME IN TO HIM, and will dine with him, and he with Me."
II. How do you know if it has really happened to you?
A. 3 Prong Test--Luke 8:27-39
2. ...."But the man from whom the demons had gone out was begging Him that he might accompany Him...." YOU WANT TO GO WITH JESUS, DO WHAT JESUS IS DOING AND WALK WHERE JESUS IS WALKING.
3. ...."He sent him away , saying, return to your house and describe what great things God has done for you. And he [the new Christian] departed, proclaiming throughout the whole city what great things Jesus had done for him." YOU WANT TO TELL OTHER FRIENDS AND PEOPLE ABOUT JESUS.
III. Jesus inside of you? How?
A. Recognize what Sin is (an arrow missing a target) and that
you are the arrow. See yourself as you honestly are (without
giving any excuses before God).
B. Be sorry for your sin and Repent. Without repentance, there
can be no salvation (without repentance it's just muttering
words and going through the motions). Turn 180 degrees around
and start going in the other direction.
C. Ask Jesus to save you and come inside of you. Lay aside your life and ask Him to take your life over from here on out.
D. Tell everyone you know what you have done.
E. If you have done this, you have instantly and supernaturally been born again. (1 John 5:13--"These things I have written to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, in order that you may know that you have eternal life.") You have become a saint and you have all the rights and powers that the Bible talks about (John 14:12--"...he who believes in Me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go to the Father."). However, Satan will now try to throw you off course (Read Luke 8:5-15 about the 4 types of seeds--you will fall into one of these 4 categories). To end up being "a seed in the good ground," you must Read the Bible; and spend Time Alone With God every day. Seek Him and you will be amazed at the things that start happening. Welcome to the Supernatural Life! ŠKC94-07